8/16/2009

A Serendipitious Coincidence

So I have this tendency to become nostalgic about a specific time in my life. And I need to keep moving on and on. I mean, I am. But I wonder why it is that when things are slow, I always find myself thinking about this time. I guess it's because I learned the most about myself during this time. It's when I grew up. It was really the hardest time in my life because I was being affected by things that were forcing me to make decisions about myself and figure out my own morals and what I believe as opposed to what I was taught to believe. It was my first time to stand completely on my own.

So I certainly stumbled, as we all do when figuring ourselves out. Still, this time in my life left wistful debris. I don't know how to explain it. Does anyone else feel this way about a specific time in their life? Even though it was the most difficult for me because of the emotional exhaustion I went through, there were still some amazing times and some of my favorite memories. I never thought that some of my best memories would also be some of my worst. I know all this doesn't make much sense to you, reader, without knowing the details. But then again, maybe it does. Because maybe you understand where I am coming from, in some aspect. Big or small.

I really love it when my life has that kind of magical feeling. To you that may sound a bit ridiculous, but let me rephrase it for those more cynical types... replace the word magical with serendipitous. (Maybe that word still isn't good for cynics, I wouldn't really know since I'm not one.)

And there are all these things that happened back during this time that I still don't understand. Seredipitious things that now appear to not have been serendipitous, but instead just a string of coincidental events. That disappoints me.

It disappoints me because I don't think our life is left up to chance. So I still feel like I don't have some questions answered. Questions that I've had since this bittersweet time. But I really still have faith that they'll be answered. Some of them, well most of them, I've had to answer for myself. I would just like some validation. That's something I feel I haven't completely gotten. Not yet at least.

I guess the dust is still settling.

2 comments:

  1. Amen :) I know exactly what you mean. The times in my life when I've learned the most and grown the most have always been hard. Hard decisions, hard feelings, hard questions. But honestly, without them who would I be today?

    I love your blog! And I miss you ladies :)

    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Erin! I love getting feedback. Hopefully I will be seeing you this week!

    ReplyDelete