8/14/2009

Life List

The pastor's son, at the church I grew up attending, has been in a horrible car accident. He's only 19 years old. Actually he's 19 today. On his birthday he is in the hospital, on life support.

This is one of those things that doesn't make any sense whatsoever. And there is no way to make sense of it. There is still hope that he will pull through. So that's of course what everyone is going on....hope. The other option just doesn't make any sense.

So it's got me thinking, at the age 0f 19, I had barely done anything I wanted. At 19 I moved away from everything familiar to me. And now, at 22, I've barely scratched the surface of things I want to do, and see, and experience. So it's hard for me to ever understand anyone being taken away from something as mundane as a car wreck at 19 years old.

I'm hoping the best for him. And for his loving family.

So what are the things that you wouldn't have accomplished if you were to die today? We all have our lists.

Here's a few from mine:
  • Make a film- that changes the way people think about an issue.
  • Make many films
  • Produce films
  • Travel the world:

  • Write a memoir
  • Write another screenplay
  • Become fluent in another language, probably French
And of course I have my more personal goals such as marriage, (later) and kids, (later). That just seems so far away. But its not really considering I want it to be within the next ten years. It will be an entirely other life. At least, that's how it feels. But just three years ago seems like a lifetime away...

I guess that's how quickly life can change.

No comments:

Post a Comment