8/21/2009

My Movie Week






I have watched so many movies this week. Probably more than I ever have in one week. This is due to my roommate and I deciding to live without cable. Mainly to save money, but also as to not distract us from doing more productive things. And since I aim to work in the movie industry I can write off watching movies as investing in my career...right?

At this moment I am watching Idiocracy. Some of my friends love it. It's a good concept, but it hasn't kept my attention considering I am writing this as it plays. I made it about halfway through. But here are some movies I recommend that I have really enjoyed from this week:

American Teen
Jesus Camp
Half Nelson
The Squid and the Whale

The first two are documentaries. Jesus Camp is disturbing...depending on your beliefs I suppose. Half Nelson is one of Ryan Gosling's first movies and it was produced by an awesome woman I met at the Cannes Film Festival so I've been wanting to check it out, and it was definitely worth the time.

Another week is almost up, so I'll have to be thinking of something new to experience... planning on posting some pictures tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment