2/07/2012

Now I Remember

I've been kind of nervous and not my normal optimistic self about my upcoming birthday. I think because for the past several years I've had some not so great birthdays. And I recently remembered that on my 9th birthday my parents had their custody battle hearing. How sucky is that? On one hand it makes me really happy I'm not going through anything like that (and makes me happy to be an adult). But on the other hand, no wonder I'm having birthday anxiety!

Sometimes I wish I could just hug the child version of me. Do you ever feel that way? As much as I joke about not wanting to have kids, I really do (at the right time) because I want to give my kids the stable family and love that I didn't have. And, that's part of the reason I want to do counseling/social work.

No comments:

Post a Comment