2/26/2012

Letting Go of the Past

I thought I needed to hold onto bits of my past to continue on with my present and future, but I have been getting answers- through dreams- that I need to let go of my past. I had a dream where I was literally told that I need to let go of the past. No need to read between the lines there!

Anytime I was reminded to let go of my past (mostly within this past week) I would wonder- how do I do that? I was thinking too hard. I came across something today that answered my question. Say a prayer and let it all go.

So I let go of all the hurt.
From childhood until yesterday.
Every situation I encounter will now be encountered with a clean slate.
Even, and especially, with those people from my past.

I am staying focused on the present and future. What happened years ago or yesterday no longer holds my attention.

Moving forward and not looking back.

No comments:

Post a Comment