10/30/2010

That's How it Goes

Why does it always go that the phone call comes
when it's too little too late

Another day I would have done anything to have it be you
To hear your voice asking to see me

Now I'm so over it
Wish you the best
but the truth is I really don't care if I ever see you again

And now here you are
trying to make your way back in
That's how it goes
I even knew it back then
Knew once I stopped loving you
you'd want me again

I loved you more than you'll ever know
And now I'm not really sure why
You didn't give me reason to
I didn't know any better

I couldn't love you now
you never understood me
you never knew how to love me
Back then I just wanted you to try

Things are different now
Time changed me
You changed me
Now I know better

Wish you the best
but the truth is I really don't care if I ever see you again.

No comments:

Post a Comment