3/23/2010

Vegan Update- WEEK 3


I'm on week three of my new vegan diet. I'm still going strong, and it's been a surprisingly smooth transition. Especially after doing more research. If you're interested check out the book "Eating Animals" by one of my favorite authors Jonathan Safran Foer. (He also wrote one of my favorite books "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close".)


This diet is a phenomenon for my body. I didn't think I would lose any weight this past week, but once again I lost 1-2 pounds. Besides the detox from dairy and meat, it must also have to do with cutting out white sugar. I still have a sweet tooth, but I sastisfy it with wholesome products, nothing with preservatives and instead of white sugar- cane sugar, agave, maple syrup, or brown rice syrup. And it's not that I'm losing muscle. I am getting more toned. So, yeah, besides being a plus for the environment and animals it's making me look good! And let's face it, I want a career as an actress so I have to take care of my body.
Thanks for checking in! Hope your week is going great!


No comments:

Post a Comment