3/13/2010

Putting Yourself Out There

Audition #2. For this I had to have a British accent. I was instantly thankful for my elementary school friends and I who had an odd habit and facination of speaking in a British accent. We even went as far as 'tricking' one of our substitute teachers into thinking one of us was from The UK. Considering my elementary school is in a small town outside of Nashville, TN...I'm not sure how convincing we were.

Anyway, I was happy not to feel completely out of my league. It was just for a training video for a corporation (but, hey a job's a job this early in the game!) The director was nice, and seemed to like my performance but I was too young for the part. I kind of new that walking in. How ironic in a business where usually the younger the better! At the ripe age of 23, I was too young for the part!

But before I left he told me he wanted to contact me about another project concering my skill set (listed on my resume.) Sweet! I'm thinking maybe it's for editing?

Even though I knew more than likely I wasn't the one for this part, I forced myself to go because you really never know when or where an opportunity will arise. That's the exciting part about life (and the frustrating)... WHEN WHEN WHEN. That's always seems to be the question, right?

WHEN will I get my break?
WHEN will I meet the man/woman I want to marry?
WHEN will I have a stable career?
WHEN will I...

I'm not going to lie. Looking forward to WHEN things are more settled. I love the 20s, but seriously, how much more self discovery can one take? I'm over that! I know myself already damnit! I'm ready for the more tangible (partner, blossoming career, ect.) Mid twenties, bring me that please!

One day at a time, right?

I have digressed, but that's okay. I am going to digress one more time to say--
Go see "Remember Me" if you can. I was awestruck. I had no idea what it was really about...until the end. Tears streaming. I want to see it again now that I know the ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment