3/08/2010

Genesis 1:26


I was halfway finished with my cupcake when I realized I hadn't taken a picture of my first-ever-glorious-homeade-vegan dessert. YUM.
Perhaps you're wondering what really convinced me of this new (hopefully life long) diet, you can read The Kind Diet to get the details behind it, but it basically comes down to three extremely important aspects:
a. My health
b. The environment
c. Animals
I've never put a whole lot of thought behind the third factor. I love animals, but just always accepted the fact that we (our society) eats animals. While reading the book I had a bunch of lightbulb moments, and one of them being the realization that I would never be able to skin a cow or something of that nature myself. I would feel horrible doing that (this is gross, but some cows are skinned ALIVE...how awful!) So my light bulb moment was more about respecting nature and what God has blessed us with. If you refer to the Bible, God gave man reign over animals...not only animals but of the entire environment (Genesis 1:26). I don't believe he meant that power to be abused, but that's what has happened in many respects. While reading "The Kind Life" and then relating it to this particular bible verse, it really came together for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment