1/17/2013

Role Play

In the present moment, what roles do you have?

I was thinking about this earlier today because, within the last month, I've added a few roles to my life. Right now my roles are:
grad student
social worker
intern
friend
receptionist
waitress
bartender
daughter
pet owner

My intent is to mold these roles until they become roles that are best suited for me. For example, I'd like to replace waitress, receptionist, and bartender with published author. And some roles will continue to exist, but slightly change; maybe grad student will become PhD student. And social worker will become LCSW (Licensed Clinical Social Worker).

Most people have roles they would like to change. I think it's easier to make that change if you see your current role as a catalyst to get you to where you want to be; rather than seeing it as a roadblock. So although being a waitress has nothing to do with becoming a published author, it adds drive to my intention of acquiring the role of 'author' because I know that I do not want the role of 'waitress' or 'receptionist' for the rest of my life.

When I view it this way it makes the hard days less difficult...because I have somewhere I'm going.

I guess that's really the point. Life is easier when you know where you're going. Things becoming amazingly clear! Instead of feeling like you're aimlessly floating around, suddenly you have purpose...and life becomes bigger than your little world. Also, you can see the interconnectedness of everyone better because you know where you fit!

Okay, I seriously need a nap now. 





No comments:

Post a Comment