1/13/2013

3am Rant

I am so sick of being being objectified because I'm a woman.

I do not see it as a compliment when someone whistles at me out the window as I am running. It only makes me want to punch that person.

Tonight a guy told me that some girls 'just want to be f*cked'. You know why she wants that? Because she  has low self esteem and is looking to a guy to fill the gaping void within herself.

I am sick of being seen as the lesser sex by society and it seems to be getting worse the older I get.

And I am sick of getting clumped in with women who are 'man-eaters' and meanly manipulate men and then make it seem like we are all like that. As I'm sure some guys could say the same thing...that they are tired of being punished for the men who manipulate women.

I don't want to post this because I don't appreciate the stigma that comes along with voicing these kinds of opinions. But I will post it because I'm not worried about what people think of me anymore.

I'm ranting here because I've had this on my mind for the past couple of hours and won't be able to sleep until I get it out.

...I would like to say that on the other side of the coin, I highly appreciate the men who know how to treat a woman. Hold onto that aspect. It's becoming quite a commodity.And there are women who will treat you well, too! I promise.

I also believe that you teach people how to treat you. But that's another post.






No comments:

Post a Comment