9/28/2012

I wish...

Well, I got some news today. Looks like that change I am wanting (refer to my Belle post last week) is about to happen.

It’s time to hit the ground running, and finally spend my time doing something career wise that I really want to do.

It will be two and a half more years until I get my social work degree so in the meantime, I would love to make money writing. Or at least be doing something that is more to me than a paycheck.

Let me explain. I was hired on this job through a temp agency. Today my boss told me that she is going to place an ad for my job which I am welcome to apply for, but I have to go through the same hiring process. Meaning I have to submit my resume, a cover letter, and take some tests for Word and Excel; all things I already did through the temp agency.

My heart is telling me that this is a sign to start looking for other opportunities. All I’ve done is work meaningless jobs since I was 15. I’m 25 now and ready to make money from doing something I enjoy. During undergrad it was understandable, but I refuse to wait another two and a half years until I get my Masters degree. I wish I were someone that liked the regular 9-5 job, but I don’t! I loathe it.

So, I don’t know what I’m doing. But I’m going to embrace this opportunity for change and do all I can to manifest a positive career opportunity for myself.

Ideally I would like to:

1.) Be self employed
2.) Make money writing

So, now the adventure is in figuring out what that looks like… I wish I could make millions through blogging every day. Thousands would do, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment