1/02/2012

I'm giving up alcohol. At least for a month. Maybe longer.

At this point in my life, the cons of drinking far outweigh the pros. I'm honestly sick of how alcohol chips away at the best people, ruins relationships, and dulls clarity. It's such a sneaky drug- disguised as a celebration tool when it is actually classified as a depressant.

I'm ready to grow up. I don't want to lead the life of a 22 year old. I'm almost 25 and know what I want. At this point in my life, alcohol just seems like a roadblock.

Right now I just have disdain for it.

It contributed majorly to my dad's death. And I've watched as it has contributed to ruining others' lives.

With my family history of alcoholism especially, why continue to play with fire?

It's too often used as a band-aid, but wounds heal faster when they're out in the open.

No comments:

Post a Comment