12/30/2012

NYE POV From The Realistic Idealist

I've got this thing with New Year's Eve.
Expectant anxiety.
Unnecessary anxiety.

My new year's celebrations have eerily earmarked what the rest of my year will be like. So how could I not feel some anxiety for it to be a fantastic celebration?

This is the same with my birthday. I get the same expectant, hopeful anxiousness. I'm a realistic idealist. I have my hopes and dreams, but I know that's not usually how things work out.

I'd rather be a complete realist or complete idealist because then I wouldn't have high expectations along with the anxiety that they probably aren't going to happen. At least an idealist would only have high expectations, and not waste energy feeling anxious. And a realist wouldn't have any anxiety since he's sans expectations.

But for some reason, I teeter between the two. I think it's because I always have the bright-eyed hope of the best happening, but I've had too many instances when the best hasn't happened so I can't deny that a lot of the time things just don't work out the way we desire.

I'm a reformed idealist; beaten by the drudgery of life but still hopeful and holding onto the belief that my heart's desires will come true as long as I never give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment