12/17/2012

Fun Southern Reads

I’m finally reading books for fun again! For the past couple of years I’ve been inundating myself with social work, psychology, and non-fiction books. While that’s great and necessary for building my knowledge base, it’s time to read for pure pleasure again!

I started with a book that I’ve had on my shelf for two and half years, Whistlin Dixie in a Nor'easter. It’s a great, fun read that makes me appreciate being a southern gal. It was written by a wonderful lady I grew up around and dear friend of my Aunt’s, Lisa Patton. It's also a great winter read since most of it is set in Vermont at a cozy little Inn.

Now I’m onto the sequel, Yankee Doodle Dixie and so far it’s just as enticing as the first. Probably more so since I know the main character better.

Not sure what I’ll read next, but one of my new year’s resolutions is to read one fiction book a month.

No comments:

Post a Comment