10/15/2012

Step by Step

The past month I’ve been pretty hard on myself, thinking back to a year ago and how I thought that certain things in my life would be completely transformed by this time.
The truth is, that’s not how life works. Life doesn’t work on my timeline. God doesn’t work on my timeline, and at times that makes me pretty frustrated, sad, annoyed and if I continue to follow those feelings it turns into anger. Then all goes to hell because I’m focusing on the things that haven’t changed when really, a lot has changed.

Last year at this time I had just moved to Gainesville from L.A., was jobless, and had no idea what direction to go.

All I had was a seedling of knowing the direction I wanted to go. I knew I wanted to apply for a Masters program that would allow me to counsel. I had no idea which program or what school, but knew that I didn’t want to move again.

As my goals became clearer, so did my outcome.

The good news is, a year later, I am in school, didn’t have to move cities, and have a job. And I have a much clearer direction of where my life is going.

I guess I’ll stop being so hard on myself now. Congrats to me for figuring it out on my own!

Give yourself a break today and notice the positive changes that have happened in your life because of YOU!

Oh, and throw out that timeline because it will only drive you crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment