10/15/2012

Delicious Eats at 'The Lunchbox'

My taste buds are tingling.

I finally decided to try The Lunchbox, which is a stone’s throw away from the office I work at. I’ve often passed by and wondered what they served but for some reason never checked out the menu.

Finally, last Wednesday I tried it out during the weekly Farmer’s Market. I tried the vegan potato salad. It was delicious.

Today, I’ve been feeling on the verge of sickness. Kind of achy and tired so as lunch time rolled around I knew I needed to be good to myself and eat some greens. The frozen veggie lasagna I brought as my meal wasn’t going to cut it. And then I remembered The Lunchbox!

I ordered the delicious salad and spiced pear soda pictured. Their sodas are homemade and all of their veggies were fresh and delicious. I especially like that they put daikon on their salad. It’s a veggie that is mostly used in Asian dishes. It has a lot of Vitamin C and enzymes that help aid digestion.

Besides the daikon, I also loved the pickled cucumbers. So good! I’m not a fan of raw cucumbers, but the pickled ones at the Lunchbox, I would eat alone…with their spiced pear soda, of course.

And the best part is, they are local. Makes me happy when I know I’m supporting local.

No comments:

Post a Comment