12/19/2011

Up on the Rooftop

Since last week there's been construction happening on my roof. It's been so delightful every morning to be woken up at 7:00am to what sounds like a herd of buffalo running on the roof.

Usually I'm out and about, at least to go for a walk/run in the afternoon. So I made small talk with the construction guys last week. One of them, my age, took a liking to me. He asked for my number. I'm not at all interested in dating the guy, but here's my thing with guys asking for numbers- as long as they are a gentleman about it, I'm not going to reject the guy because it takes some guts. And I'm up for meeting new people and making new friends. He seemed decent enough.

So he wanted to hang out this weekend. I figured if we were out and about in the same vicinity I wouldn't be opposed to meeting up (in a group setting so he wouldn't get the wrong idea).

He text me Friday, but he was on the other side of town while I was downtown with friends. So in my mind that was that. I let him know I was hanging out with friends. Well, then things got a little bit stalkerish. He called me a total of six times over the course of Friday and Saturday. To which none of them I picked up. I text him letting him know I was busy, but apparently that wasn't enough.

So now that it's Monday he's back on my roof. He already text me this morning (at 7am!!!). To which I did not reply.

After this I've changed my stance on who gets my number because this is ridiculous. Damn being friendly. Oh, and he just text me asking if I want some McDonald's. This is comical and stupid.

Guess I'll be staying inside all week. Or leaving before 7am? To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment