12/19/2011

Unconditional Love: Not as Easy as Sunday School Made it Sound

I believe there are people in my life and your life, in every person’s life, that we are solely meant to love unconditionally. It's those people you feel connected to in some sort of unexplainable, perhaps karmic, way. (In regards to people outside of family because obviously there's an explainable connection within family.)

It’s so important to have people in our lives who show us that unconditional love because we all fuck up. We all say things we don’t mean and do things we shouldn’t. But the ones that know our heart will be right there to hold us up when we need them. At least that's what we hope for, and that’s who I want to be.

I want to be someone who loves purposefully and perseveringly so that those people I love unconditionally know without a shadow of a doubt that I’m there for them no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment