3/19/2011

First day in H.Wood

Yesterday I arrived in Los Angeles at 10:30am after a 5 hour flight, and on less than 2 hours of sleep. (I was up late packing after getting home from work at 11pm.)

As excited as I was to get off that plane, my delirium set in a bit and I had a mini freak out in my mind. I didn't know where to go and wasn't sure how I was going to get to the production office. These were things I had a vague idea of but couldn't really know for sure until I got more information.

The easiest thing of course would have been to taxi or rent a car...I'm not willing to spend 100 bucks (between parking, gas, etc). So I opted for the bus. It took three bucks. SWEET...

...Except the bus ride took three hours. But I met some nice people on the ride and got my bearings as far as location. FINALLY I arrived at the production office around 4pm (luckily they weren't necessarily expecting me to show up). They put me to work and I got to watch a couple auditions. SUPER interesting. Then dinner with the director/writer, producer, Director of Photography and another PA. Then a production meeting. Done at 10:00pm, and thankfully the producer drove me back- so no bus!

Now today I had some emails to send, but for the most part it is a free day so I am in Santa Monica browsing and possibly buying some sweaters (it is cold!)

Tomorrow I'm setting up camp over in West Hollywood where we begin filming in a couple days.

And that basically sums up my first day in Hollywood!

No comments:

Post a Comment