3/11/2011

Broken

Relationships are always going to take care and maintenance, but both parties have to be willing to own up to their own shortcomings.

I can be stubborn. Fickle. Unimpressed. Sometimes I may appear unaffected or unemotional. I can be self righteous and a know-it-all, hedonistic, and too independent for my own good. If you know me you may be able to think of some more to add to this list!

These are my shortcomings. I am aware. It's me at my worst. Most of the battle is in knowing and acknowledging my own shortcomings. It's the only way to grow. To keep them at bay. You can't fix what isn't (or what you think) isn't broken.

I am broken. I admit it! I don't have it all together!

With that said, I only want relationships that are willing to love and accept all of me.

So there you have it. A list of my negatives. I have nothing to hide from anyone. I'm not perfect. I don't want to be perfect. I want to be kind, genuine, uplifting, empathetic, warm, spontaneous and loving. I want relationships that are honest.

Friends and family-I want you to all know that I love you for all that you are. I appreciate every aspect of you.

We are all broken, bruised, and burnt. The real test comes in how we deal when confronted with our own demons. How do we come out not only alive, but stronger? This is life. This is what matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment