3/20/2011

Don't Take a Cab on Marathon Day

Day three here... It's been a bit rough.

Started my day with getting a phone call from the producer. I made my first mistake as a PA with a task given. It's fixed now. Just can't f*ck up again.

Then, had to take a cab to West Hollywood. That cost fifty bucks. The cab smelled like an old dead person. Not so much fun. The driver had an accent of some sort so I only understood every other word. As soon as I got in he made a remark about a marathon going on.

To this I thought he was making conversation. He asked me if I had ever been in a marathon (Yes, but only a 5k, that was enough for me.) Then he tells me that the road to my hotel may be blocked off because of the marathon. OKkkaaaayyyy. Thanks for the info. Could of told me that before you got me halfway there.

It would have been no problem to have him drop me off a street over. Sure, I had luggage, but my luggage has wheels. HOWEVER, it had been pouring rain since 9am.

Well, the cab driver had me on the edge of my seat. He didn't know what roads would be open. While trying to find an open road, thousands of people are running by outside (and might I add they're moving faster than we are.) I considered getting out and running with them, all the way to my hotel. (If only it hadn't been for the rain.) All the while I'm staring at the meter reader willing it not to go over $50.

HALLELUJAH. He followed a taxi down an open street leading to my hotel. The CRUEL joke of it all is that the opposite road was blocked off for the marathon. I still had to do a little trek in the pouring rain to get to the hotel.

Damn, I look good right now. No... wait. This may be Hollywood, but even in Hollywood you don't look good after running in the pouring rain. Nope. That's ONLY the movies.

The rest of the day is sure to be better. Rain rain go away.

No comments:

Post a Comment