9/01/2009

Monthly Wrap Up

It's already September, and this blog has been going for very close to a month. So how about a wrap up? I started this to document experiences I've never done (see above title). It's time to take inventory. Here's what we've got so far:

  • Bought a car for the first time (Went to the dealership alone...scary).
  • Made pasta sauce.
  • Watched a total of 22 movies (most I've ever seen in a month).
  • Investigated a lighthouse.
  • Wrote my first short screenplay.

Sure some seem more insignificant than others, but what I've realized is that they have a ripple effect. For example the short that I wrote was majorly inspired by my visit to the lighthouse. So I needed the one thing to get to the other. Aren't most things like that in life? To get to where you want to be there's almost always a myriad of steps that work together to get you to the final destination.

One of my favorite quotes by MLK really helps me to keep my eye on what I aim for, "Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase".

Looking forward to September!

2 comments:

  1. really nice reflection. what I like about looking at life this way, like any smallest thing could lead to extraordinary things, is that it makes everything pretty exciting.
    and when you think about it as an artist, you really have to be aware and observant to your life because you never know what smallest thing will strike you and start the creative process.
    Thanks for your thoughts Heather

    ReplyDelete