4/08/2013

Laughing at My Love Life

I read something the other day that reminded me to see the humor in difficult situations. And I must have taken it to heart because I am sitting here, laughing at what has been the most frustrating aspect of my life for seven years...my love life!

I'm setting my ego aside here, because a part of me would love for everyone to think that I don't have any issues with relationships. But, um, we know that would be bullshit because who doesn't? I mean, relationships are mirrors of ourselves. They bring out the best in us and bring to light what we need to work on.

So, after all this self work I've done in the past year and a half of taking responsibility of my own issues  (basically choosing not to take on a victim role) now it's time to not take myself so seriously; to sit back and enjoy the journey. 

I think that I used to be enticed by drama in my life, for different reasons. But now, I don't have time or energy to waste on that. I have things to accomplish and love to give! Not just to a partner, but to the world.

I'm ready for a family and kids and the whole nine yards. This is the first time in my life that I've felt ready. It used to always seem like a far off goal.

Putting this out into the universe, so we will see what and when this happens. In the meantime, I'm focusing on having fun and enjoying the present. Because, why worry? What will be, will be! Sometimes that's easier said than done, but I'm getting better everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment