11/02/2012

Perhaps a PhD is for Me!

Okay, I still have 2.5 years left in my masters program, but I'm already excited about the prospect of continuing on after that and getting a PhD in Social Work.

I never really thought I'd be interested in getting a PhD in anything, but it makes the most sense. For one, I love school. Two, I want to become an expert in the field, find my niche, and going for a PhD will automatically grant me the time to find my niche, research it, and become an expert in my chosen niche of social work. I'm thinking of looking into researching something that I've been extremely impacted by in my own life such as suicide or alcoholism. I have some ideas for research projects.

Anyway, I'm getting way ahead of myself here but I must be onto something because the idea of getting my PhD excites me!

Plus, I want to write and lots of professors are writers. So, maybe I'll teach and write. Sounds like a good life to me!

It would be another four years in school. But either way, those four years are going to pass. So at the end of those four years I'll either have a PhD, if that's what I decide to do, or not. Thinking of it like that kind of puts things into perspective.

Wanted to share my epiphany with you. But, back to the present. I gotta get the Masters first!

No comments:

Post a Comment