4/08/2010

Sick of Facebook


I'm taking some time away from Facebook. It's my own fault. If only I could use it properly and not log in multiple times a day then it wouldn't be a problem. But no. I have gotten into an awful habit of checking facebook when I wake up, after I work out, after I grocery shop, waiting to meet up with someone, at first sight of boredom, and the list goes on and on.


I've never done this before, surprisingly. I like being connected, and communicating with people! Especially since my closest friends live hundreds of miles away. The irony is I'll probably talk to them more now than when I use Facebook.


Already I took the time to call a friend this morning. Someone I think of quite often, but hadn't had a quality conversation with for a couple months.


I'm doing it for the rest of the month, and perhaps even until I leave for France in May. I won't really need it until I am overseas when it really will be my only connection to friends.


It's just something I know I need to do for myself. I'm making it a post because it's something I've never done (as fits in with the title of my blog). Looking forward to cutting out some of the white noise from my life, and focusing that misspent engergy on more productive things!

No comments:

Post a Comment