4/03/2010

One Month and a Hamburger Later...

Yesterday marked one month into my vegan diet. At the start of this venture I decided a month into it I would eat a burger to see how it would affect my body.

So tonight, I did something I haven't done since 2009. I drove through McDonald's. I haven't had fast food since December, and on top of that no meat or dairy for one month. I was a little worried, but mainly curious to see if I would enjoy this meal.

Last year I usually had a McFlurry once or twice a month. Usually along with a cheeseburger. Today, out of my habit of staying away from cheese (dairy), I automatically ordered a hamburger instead. (I'm glad to know my subconcious has kicked in and it is becoming second nature to eat vegan.)

Not going to lie, the McFlurry was good. However, I haven't had processed sugar in a couple months so right now I have a headache. As a result I don't think I'll get a craving for one anytime soon.

The hamburger was gross. I know too much. It was hard to finish eating it with all the knowledge that I have about factory farming.

My stomach isn't upset so far. (It's been two hours, but my stomach rarely gets upset so I'm not surprised. A blessing and a curse because I can eat whatever I want without it bothering me.) Also, it definitely tasted salty, so I am really thirsty.

Moral of the story: Dinner tonight left much to be desired. I'm going to keep forging ahead with a vegan diet. It makes me feel good, look good, and tastes way better than McDonald's!

*Happy Easter!*

No comments:

Post a Comment