5/01/2013

Single Girl Update: My Adventures in Speed Dating and More



In an effort to make my own luck, I’m trying new approaches to my love life which is why I found myself sitting at a table across from a guy I had never met before.

Six minutes went by and ‘ding’. Next guy.

Yup, I went to my first speed dating event.

Before I go on, I have to shamelessly plug this book I read over the weekend. It’s called ‘Get The Guy: Use the Secrets of the Male Mind to Find,Attract and Keep Your Ideal Man’ and it’s so awesome. For a more in depth review on the book check out my other blog www.heartspace1111.com. I understand men so much more now.

After reading the book, I decided to try out the advice from the author. Coincidentally, I had already signed up for the speed dating event prior to discovering the book. So I figured that it would be a great opportunity to put some of the advice to action. 

The author points out how most of us say we’ll meet the right person when it’s the right time, but how many new men do we meet in a week? Or a month? My number has been pretty low lately. 

So instead of leaving it up to whatever comes my way, I’ve decided to actually make a true effort in meeting new guys. And boy did I do that last night. After speed dating, I went out and by the end of the night I had met a total of 15 new guys.  

It was the first time I’ve ever approached guys like that- just going up, introducing myself, and seeing what happens. I’ve always thought of it as the man’s task to approach a woman, but, honestly, the type of guy I want to be with may not be someone who is all that comfortable with doing that. Usually the guys that have no problem approaching random women aren’t really my type. 

So you may be wondering what the outcome of the night was? Out of the 15 guys I met there are two that I’m going to go out with. Those odds aren’t bad. 

But the best part of all this is that I had a lot of fun

So while all it takes is one, to find ‘THE one’ I’ve got to be willing to meet all the other ones first. 

Now I’m looking at my single life in a whole new way and totally embracing the journey. From now on I’m not taking things so seriously and simply enjoying the ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment